Strawberry Rhubarb Mocktail

 


When you want a refreshing drink but don't want the booze. 

Makes 2 drinks.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Strawberries (1 per drink)
  • 1 oz rhubarb simple syrup (1/2 oz per drink)
  • 1 can of unflavored seltzer water.
  • ice

Instructions:

  1. Cut the top of the strawberries off. Put one in each glass. 
  2. Put half an ounce of the rhubarb simple syrup in each glass.  Muddle. 
  3. Add ice and top with seltzer water.  1 can of seltzer water should top off 2 low ball glasses. 
*Note:  I happened to add some Thai Basil to my rhubab simple syrup this time as I found a recipe for a drink that called for mint rhubarb simple syrup and I read basil could be substituted for mint in some recipes.  I now have a live thai basil plant at home so I just threw some in.  I didn't put much in and the flavor isn't super noticeable. 

*Note: may also be good with a lemon flavored seltzer water. 


Comments

Popular Posts