Creamy Cherry Margarita

I love coconut and I love creamy beverages.  So this immediately spiked my interest when I saw it on Instagram.  I admit that I was being cheap and used tart cherry juice instead of buying both regular cherry juice and tart cherry juice. The regular cherry juice is only 2 tsp so I thought it wouldn't matter much.  It was a bit tart for me. I will not cheap out and try it with both next time.  Or play around with the amounts. 

Makes 1 drink.

Ingredients for main drink:

  • 2.5 oz tart cherry juice
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • 1 oz white tequila 
  • 1 TBSP simple syrup or other sweetener
  • optional cherry (would use an amarena cherry instead of marachino) and lime wheel for garnish.

Ingredients for creamy topping:

  • 1/4 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
  • 2 tsp cherry juice

Instructions:

  1. In a cocktail shaker add the tart cherry juice, tequila, lime juice, and sweatener. Shake for 20 seconds. 
  2. Froth the cherry topping in another glass until thick (I used my french press, pumping the press until thick and creamy)
  3. Optionally - rim a low ball glass with a lime wedge and salt or sugar.
  4. Fill glass with ice and pour the ingredients of the cocktail shaker in. 
  5. Top with cherry topping and garnish as desired. 

Adapted from: Healthy Little Peach

Comments

Popular Posts