Coconut S'mores Cocktail

This was my first home cocktail during the pandemic!  My first use of bitters.  

I've made this several times, its a great desert drink.  Recently I made it with some substitutions based on what I had in my fridge and it still tasted great (more like I remember the non-alcoholic mudslides my parents used to let me get at Applebee's or TIGF when I was young).  I will post substitutions as well. This is pretty boozy, I get a little buzzed off of just one, so plan accordingly.

Makes 1 cocktail

Ingredients:

  • 3 ounces coconut milk (I actually have never used coconut milk.  I used canned coconut cream the first time because I wanted something really creamy.  But then it's hard to blend, used an immersion blender or something to get it incorporated correctly,  then when I was just throwing together what I had, I used half and half, no coconut flavor hence more like a mudslide)
  • 1.5 ounces Vodka (I ran out of regular vodka and used vanilla vodka once)
  • 1.5 ounces Kahlua 
  • 2 dashes of chocolate bitters
  • Optional rim: more Kahlua, cocoa powder, and chocolate graham crackers
  • Optional garnish: roasted marshmallows 

Instructions:

  1. Combine cream of your choice (coconut milk, coconut cream, or half and half) with Kahlua, vodka and bitters in cocktail shaker with ice.  Shake vigorously 
  2. If doing optional rim, combine small amount of Kahlua and coccoa powder in a shallow bowl or plate, mix and add enough cocoa powder until slightly thickened. Crush graham crackers in another shallow bowl. Dip rim of glass in Kahlua mixture and then into graham crackers. 
  3. Pour contents of cocktail shaker into glass. 
  4. If wanting to be real fancy with a roasted marshmallow, place marshmallow on tin foil in oven and broil for 30 seconds or until golden brown.  Let cool before adding to glass (so if going this route, make ahead of time.)
Adapted from: One Broad's Journey

From the first time I made the cocktail - on a zoom call with my friend Erin early in the pandemic. 



Comments

Popular Posts