The (Butternut) Getaway Driver

This was made from a cocktail infusion kit I purchased from Camp Craft Cocktail. I'm guessing the drink would be good regardless of if you infused the booze with their cocktail kit so I will post it here when I try that.  I have also posted what I think was within the kit if I - or anyone else - gets really ambitious/has a dehydrator. 

Ingredients in cocktail infusion kit:

  • 2 oz of "bitters infused sugar" - I'm guessing if you just pop in 2 oz sugar and give it a bunch of shakes of angostura bitters, you'd get roughly the same thing
  • The mason jar was filled about half way with dried butternut squash. 
  • 4 or 5 whole all spice berries
  • 1 cinnamon stick
** Cocktail kit said to pour in cognac or scotch.  According to Google cognac is pretty much a fancy brandy. So I bought brandy and poured it in, because I'm cheap. 
**Infuse 3 days in the refrigerator. Then strain out solids. It says it is good for 30 days. 

Beverage Ingredients: (makes 2 small cocktails)

  • 1.5-2 oz of your freshly infused booze; or alternatively cognac/scotch/spiced rum may work
  • 1/4 oz Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Triple Sec 
  • 1/4 to 1/2 oz lemon juice
  • Optional: egg white (tried both ways, 1st photo is without)
  • Optional garnish: freshly grated nutmeg - or let's be real - a shake of your nutmeg spice container.

Instructions:

  • Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake well.
  • Strain into glasses, garnish as above if desired. 

*It id delicious with and without the egg white.  The egg white makes it just a little thicker, with a light layer of foam on top.  




With egg white:



Comments

Popular Posts