Cucumber Collins

Light and refreshing.

Makes 1 drink.

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 cucumber slices 
  • 1-2 stems of fresh mint 
  • 2 oz gin
  • 1/2-1 oz simple syrup
  • 1 oz lemon juice
  • 1/2 oz lime juice 
  • Club soda
  • Ice
  • Optional garnishes: a cucumber slice, a lime wheel and/or a sprig of mint

Instructions:

  1. Add cucumber slices, gin, and mint to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
  2. Add juices, simple syrup, and ice to the shaker and give a good shaking. 
  3. Fill a glass with ice, and strain into glass. 
  4. Top with club soda and garnish if preferred.
**Note: At a distillery tour recently, I learned that mint as a garnish isn't just or looks. It can be quite fragrant and a portion of taste is actually smell. I pondered that over my drink that had a generous portion of mint in it, and it smelled quite good. 

**Note, I also tried just muddling it in the glass, and that worked as well.  I also muddled a wheel of lime at that time, it was also good.  The photo is included, but the photo is not as good. 


Adapted from here, I think: Waiting on Martha




Comments

Popular Posts