Grapefruit Gin and Tonic

A refreshing twist to an average gin and tonic.

The ratio of gin to tonic varies 1:1 and 1:3, so choose your strength.

Ingredients:

  • Gin 
  • Tonic
  • slices of grapefruit
  • Optional: Springs of rosemary

Instructions:

  1. The original recipe just had you add the slice of grapefruit and sprig of rosemary to your glass of gin and tonic, but I wanted more flavor so I put the gin, grapefruit, and rosemary to a shaker with some ice. It is up to you if you want to do this. 
  2. Pour into glass, add the tonic.  Garnish with a fresh slice of grapefruit and rosemary (I didn't taste the rosemary even with adding it to the shaker, so to me it is more of a visual garnish and I'm cheap, I probably won't purchase it just for garnish unless I'm really looking to impress - your choice to use or not)
Adapted from: The Green Eyed Girl

**There were other delicious sounding alterations to a gin and tonic on this website if your feeling inspired.  I plan to try them at some point.



Comments

Popular Posts