Blood Orange Sidecar



I was in search of cocktails to use blood orange juice after I purchased the big container of it for a different cocktail. The types of alcohol that combined with the juice made me a little skeptical - but I didn't have to purchase any extra ingredients so I went for it. I was also a little worried that it would be to boozy, and while it was boozy, it wasn't cheep bar 'please add more mixer' kind of boozy. 

The photo was taken based off the original recipe that either needed to be in a much smaller glass or made double.  I don't own much smaller glasses, so I just doubled the recipe for the blog.

Ingredients:

  • 1 oz aged rum (mine was just spiced rum, pretty sure it wasn't aged)
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 1 oz orange liqueur (I used tripple sec)
  • 1 oz blood orange juice
  • 2 oz brandy

Instructions:

  1. Combine all ingredients either in a glass with ice. 
  2. Stir to combine
I have since bought smaller glasses. 

Comments

Popular Posts