Orange, star anise, and ginger Gin and Tonic


Obviously I like all of the drinks on my blog or I wouldn't post them, but this one excited me more than a cocktail I've made in awhile because it was a very unique flavor. 

Makes 2 cocktails

Ingredients:

  • 1 orange
  • 1 inch fresh ginger
  • 1 star anise
  • ice 
  • 1/3 cup gin
  • 1 1/3 cup tonic

Instructions:

  1. Cut strips of orange peel off the orange with a potato peeler.  Cut remaining orange into quarters. Place orange into shaker, and place the peel aside for garnish.
  2. Cut ginger into slices, reserve 2 for garnish, the rest into the cocktail shaker. 
  3. Place star anise, ice, and gin into cocktail shaker.  Shake vigorously. 
  4. Pour into 2 glasses.  Top with tonic.  Garnish with ginger and orange peels.
*I didn't measure the tonic, and it probably ended up being less due to the size of the glasses we used.  Then we made a second round of cocktails, the orange, ginger and star anise was still in shaker and we just added another 1/3 cup gin.  There was still plenty of flavor, and the tonic in 1 can of tonic ended up being absolutely perfect for 2 rounds; 4 drinks total.



Comments

Popular Posts