Spiced Pineapple or Orange Hot Toddy


 

I'm spending more time outside this winter, and that calls for warm beverages.  So far I've tried this recipe with orange juice, because I had some, but I can't wait to re-make with pineapple juice. 

Makes 2 drinks.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 6-8 oz spiced rum or whiskey
  • 8 oz ginger ale
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 4 oz creamer or 2 tbsp butter (I've only tried the vanilla extract so far.  I enjoyed adding that) 

Instructions:

  1. Mix juice, water, honey, and ginger ale in a pot on stove. Simmer until honey is dissolved.  About 2 min.
  2. Add in the nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, and any of the optional ingredients. Continue to simmer for 5+ min.
  3. When warm, pour into 2 glasses.  Add the alcohol at this step (heating alcohol cooks off some of the alcohol content so I always add last in hot beverages.) Split the alcohol between the two glasses.  
Adapted from: Cotter Crunch



Comments

Popular Posts