Cranberry Hot Toddy

 


A warm beverage for these cold winter days.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup cranberry juice
  • 1/4 cup apple cider
  • 2 TBSP honey
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1/2 cup brandy (or Whiskey) 

Instructions:

  1. Mix cranberry juice, apple cider, honey, and lemon juice in a microwaveable mug and heat until simmering. Alternatively, you could heat in a sauce pan until simmering, or even over a fall campfire.
  2. Add Brandy and cinnamon stick.
*Note: Often I put garnishes such as cinnamon sticks as optional, because I don't always want to spend the time/money for garnishes.  Since this is a hot beverage, the cinnamon flavor does leech from the stick and I could taste it in my beverage, therefore I did not list is as optional.

*Note: I used brandy over whiskey for this as I think brandy pairs well with apple cider and cranberry juice, but hot toddies are traditionally made with whiskey.  I am also just not a big fan of whiskey. Feel free to make it your own, and comment on your choice/experience.

*Note: the original did not have apple cider but I ran out of cranberry juice.  Cranberry juice can also be a bit overwhelming for me, so I think I will keep this change.

Altered from Real House Moms



Comments

Popular Posts