Coconut Aperol Margarita


I had just made the creamy cherry maragrita and had left over coconut milk when I found this recipe.  The cherry drink was a little to tart for me and I hadn't yet bought regular cherry juice to mix and tone it down and didn't want the rest of the coconut milk to go to waste.  I had all the ingredients for this so I gave it a try.  I love Aperol Spritzs but hadn't found much else to use my Aperol for.  This was a fun change. 

Makes 1 drink.


 Ingredients:

  • .75 oz lime juice
  • .75 oz agave (I didn't have this but simple syrup worked!)
  • 1 oz Aperol
  • 1.5 oz Tequila (white)
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • Optional rim of sugar, salt or coconut flakes, lime wedge

Instructions:

  1. Rim the glass if choosing to do so.
  2. Add iced and all the liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake well.
  3. Pour into the glass (lowball).
Adapted from: Bevsbybeverly
(I didn't bother making frozen coconut cubes, and used slightly less coconut milk because there would have been space between the cubes)


Comments

Popular Posts