Chai Gimlet

I was introduced to chai in latte form - with all it's creamy goodness, and progressed to plain chai *tea (as chai literally means tea - so not to be redundant).  So as I perused the cocktail recipes for the chai liqueur I purchased from Twisted Path distillery I was both interested and yet skeptical of the drinks that were using citrus instead of cream as a mixer.  Now Erin and I ventured into the unknown and combined chai with citrus in this Chai Gimlet as well as Love Potion #9 from Twisted Chai distillery. While Love potion #9 felt rather Christmas-y  with it's spice forward flavors (and was delicious in it's own right) - this balanced spice with citrus to feel appropriate for any season. 

Apparently I can't talk and follow a recipe so we ended up making a larger beverage due to mixing up the chai and gin amounts, I like the amount we made and would continue to make that amount hence the adaptation to recipe on the website. 

Makes 2 cocktails:

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 ounces Chai Liqueur
  • 4.5 ounces gin
  •  1.5 ounces simple syrup
  • 2.25 ounces lime juice
  • 3 dashes angostura bitters
  • Ice 

 Instructions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker and shake well.
  2. Pour into two glasses



Comments

Popular Posts