Witchcraft Grenadine

Until the Witchcraft cocktail book I always thought grenadine was cherry flavored, and until now I've often just poured leftover maraschino cherry juice into my cocktails in place of grenadine. After making this recipe I did look it up, grenadine is made from pomegranates.  In fact, it's how it got it's name, as the French word for pomegranate is granade. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup pomegranate juice
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 strings of saffron, crumbled 
  • 1 TBSP orange blossom water (I did not have this and just used orange juice. *shrug*)

Instructions:

  1. In a small pot over medium heat, add the pomegranate juice and sugar. Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved. 
  2. Add saffron and let it come to a slight boil before removing from heat. 
  3. Let cool for 15 min.
  4. Add the orange blossom water and then transfer to a container and refrigerate. 
Adapted from: Witchcraft Cocktails

Comments

Popular Posts