Blackberry Bramble

I bought this blackberry herbal liqueur on a trip to The Netherlands. I toured the distillery in Leeuwarden, and brought this back thinking I could mix some fun drinks with it.  I am starting out with someone else's recipe, but plan to play around soon!

Recipe is for 2 small drinks.

Ingredients:

  • 20 ml Boomsma Blackberry Liqueur (or perhaps a different blackberry liqueur, I am sure it won't matter much)
  • 100 ml Gin
  • 6 blackberries 
  • 50 ml lemon juice
  • 15 ml simple syrup
  • Optional: Mint leaves for garnish

Instructions:

  1. In cocktail shaker add gin, blackberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup.  Muddle the blackberries.
  2. Add ice and give it a good shake. 
  3. Pour into 2 glasses. Top each with 10 ml blackberry liqueur. 
*Note: original recipe has it being garnished with blackberries instead of muddled. To be honest I was making this while taking and misread the instructions, but I thought it was good this way.  Choose what you would like to do.  Or omit the blackberries entirely since they were just meant to be garnish and blackberries are expensive and you only use a few. Your choice. Also, the recipe says to use crushed ice.  I just don't have access to crushed ice. 

*Note: It was quite strong, and while my drinking companion insisted she liked it as it was, I may suggest topping with club soda or a blackberry sparkling soda. 

Adapted from: Boomsma

Photos from the town I bought the alcohol in (I guess I didn't take any photos of the actual distillery)



Photo of the first time I made the cocktail, it really needed a smaller glass!  I also like it without ice, just ice in the shaker.

Comments

Popular Posts