Chai Nog

This is my new favorite drink.  I absolutely love it. Not super simple but pretty easy.  Rich in flavor.  Some protein, making me feel like an alcoholic beverage is somewhat healthy while I'm training for a marathon! 

You do need to have a chai liqueur, mine is from Twisted Path Distillery in Milwaukee, where I've had some good times. 

Makes 2 cocktails.

Ingredients:

  • 3 ounces Chai Liqueur 
  • 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
  • 1 ounce simple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • a couple dashes of angostura bitters
  • A dash of cinnamon to garnish

Instructions:

  1. In a shaker with ice, add all ingredients. Shake vigorously until egg is emulsified. 
  2. Strain into small glasses or cordial glasses.
  3. Top with a dash of cinnamon.
*Note original recipe has slightly more complicated shaking directions with you separating things a little bit.  I apparently only skimmed the recipe before making, and this seemed to work.  Try the more complicated version in the link below, or save yourself some time.  Up to you.  Maybe I'll try the more complicated version at some point and see if the egg gets more foamy or something, but this certainly tasted great as it was. 




Comments

Popular Posts