Cranberry Wassail



Great to warm up with while sitting around the campfire!

Made what I consider to be classic wassail for last fall's camping trip which was fantastic, but wanted to try something new this year.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups apple cider
  • 4 cups orange juice
  • 4 cups cranberry juice
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 fresh ginger pieces (opps, only in re-writing this did I realize I missed this ingredient, but I want to remember it next time so I am still writing it here)
  • 2 tsp whole cloves
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 orange, sliced
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • Brandy

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients except brandy in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I only had time to do 4 and it still tasted good - I assume I would have gotten more cinnamon and clove flavor had I let it cook longer.
  2. Reheat over campfire in pot, if you are camping.  Otherwise serve warm out of slow cooker.
  3. Pour into glass and add brandy to taste.








Comments

Popular Posts