Banana Coconut Latte

 

Creamy and soothing, this latte will warm you up on a chilly afternoon! 

This was the first beverage I made during the great 2020 quarantine, and also the first beverage made with my french press despite purchasing it in 2010 (?) in anticipation of moving to South Korea where coffee makers were not as common. Turns out things had changed since I had visited and coffee makers and coffee shops were now common.  So it came back to the U.S. untouched.  It has traveled the world, and has finally been used! 

Puree base makes about 5 lattes. Recipe makes 1.

Puree Ingredients:

  • 1 medium ripe banana
  • 1 can coconut milk (or coconut cream if you want to be really rich)
  • 2 1/2 TBSP sugar

Latte Ingredients:

  • 5 TBSP of the puree above
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 spoonful of instant espresso mix

Instructions:

  1. Blend puree ingredients in a blender or with emulsifier. 
  2. Combine latte ingredients.
  3. Pour an ounce or two into a french press and pump aggressively for 30 seconds.  Pour over beverage. 

Alterations and notes:

My husband dislikes coffee, so I put in a spoonful of hot cocoa mix in his.  He approved. 

I left the mix in the refrigerator for 5 days, then realized I wasn't going to use it up soon, so I froze it.  It still made good lattes after being froze. 

Adapted from: Jillian Harris



Comments

Popular Posts